Sunday, April 12, 2015

"The ocean stirs the heart...."



Watching my daughter has quickly become one of my favorite things to do. Seeing the look on her face and all of the expressions she makes as she explores and learns the world around her is priceless. When she learns a new task or finds something for the very first time, her face is sure to tell you what she thinks of it. We recently took a trip to the beach. As we were walking along the boardwalk towards the sand, thoughts were running through my mind, will she love it, hate, be indifferent? I was so excited to capture these moments! So, with the camera in tow, we made our way to the sand and surf.

I had my husband hold her so she could put her toes in the sand as I quickly snapped photos of her changing expressions as she felt sand for the very first time! She was in love and curious, wiggling her tiny toes in the sand, smiling and releasing the sweetest giggles! My husband then let me dip her toes in the surf and allow the cool ocean water to wash over her feet and around her tiny ankles. She was ecstatic, a goofy grin quickly changed to squeals and laughter, then a curious little expression.

I look forward to these moments, watching her grow and learn. Seeing the look on her face makes me feel like the most blessed woman in the world. I love viewing the world through her eyes, watching how the simple things, things we take for granted can light up her eyes and bring on some of the greatest expressions I've ever seen.

"The ocean stirs the heart, inspires the imagination and brings eternal joy to the soul."

-Wyland

No comments: