Sunday, April 19, 2015

Love is

I realize I write about my daughter and postpartum a lot, but I want to take this week to switch gears a tiny bit. 10 years ago, someone entered my life and forever altered it. This past week we will celebrated our 3 year wedding anniversary! 

To my husband,
I know I don't say this enough, but thank you. Thank you for loving me. For really loving me, not just my shell, but every thing about me. I know first hand that I've got some character flaws, but some how, you manage to see through my faults and love me anyways. You've been one of my biggest supporters. When I fall down or make a huge mistake, you're always there to pick me up or encourage me through tough times. I know times aren't always perfect and sometimes we disagree, but I wouldn't change it for the world. 
I thought I loved you with all of my heart, but I haven't. There was an empty space, a space that's been filled and that's seeing you as a daddy. I didn't realize I could love you anymore until I first saw you hold her, kiss her and count her tiny toes. It was beautiful, the two of you are beautiful. My life is filled with joy because you're a part of it. When I hear you talking to our sweet girl while I'm in another room, I'm filled with emotion and overwhelmed with love. You make me, you complete me and I'm forever thankful that you chose me to do life with. 

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
1 Coronthians 13:4-7


No comments: