Sunday, March 8, 2015

What's your favorite thing about Motherhood?



This question has been posed to me in multiple ways over the past 4 months and to be honest, I don't know how to answer it. I know I can't be the only mama out there who feels she has to rack her brain to come up with one thing to say.

Now, this may sound like I don't have a favorite thing and that's be correct. It's all my favorite, snuggles, baby laughs, breast feeding, baby wearing, the way she makes eye contact with me like I'm her person. I love her sweet little yawns, her funny faces, and even those fussy times. Yes, even getting up in the wee hours of the morning is a favorite. Those late night/early morning wake ups are our time. While the rest of the world sleeps, it's just the two of us, baby and I. She curls in to my body and I feel her warmth. I know she's ok, that she just needs me. She nurses and her suckling slowly tapers off as she gently falls back to sleep. I watch the moonlight shine on her face and know that all too soon these nights will be gone.

So, when I'm posed with the question, "what's your favorite thing about being a mom?". I can simply respond, everything.

No comments: