Sunday, March 1, 2015

Reality Hits


Motherhood has been a roller coaster ride. I'm talking ups and downs, flips and turns, we've gone through some dark tunnels and had moments where we enter back in to the beautiful sunlit sky.

Eventually, the hormones begin to level, your house isn't filled with family every day, you aren't having meals brought to you and life returns to "normal." As life begins to gain some consistency, you realize this tiny human that came home with you, is yours. That little baby is your responsibility, it's your job to care for, nurture and love this baby. This is when motherhood became real, I realized I am actually a mom, this isn't some crazy dream, this is my life.


There are great days, there are days with ups and downs, and there are those days where you wish you could go on a vacation all by yourself just to catch a break, or hiding out in the bathroom for a few minutes might work too.  Tough days, are the days where I spend much time sitting and rocking my fussy baby. There are moments where we both cry. I find myself wishing these moments away, wanting them to pass and for my sweet, happy, smiling baby to be back. Then, I sit back and realize these are fleeting moments, mere minutes in a lifetime filled with love, laughter and the purest joy one could ever experience. So, I sit back, hold my baby, inhale her sweet aroma, lay soft kisses on the top of her head and relish this little life that I hold in my arms. These are the moments I never want to forget.



"Motherhood is a great honor and privilege, yet it is also synonymous with servanthood. Every day women are called upon to selflessly meet the needs of their families. Whether they are awake at night nursing a baby, spending their time and money on less-than-grateful teenagers, or preparing meals, moms continuously put others before themselves."
-Charles Stanley






No comments: