Sunday, June 28, 2015

Lonely Mama

Over the past few weeks, something has been laid on my heart, and it keeps being shown to me over and over again, and that's friendship. I've never been one to have a lot of really close friends. Yes, I have friends, but I never realized how friendships would change so much once I had a child of my own. I know life gets busy and many of us are constantly being pulled in different directions, but friendship is something everyone needs. You may need that one person for an outlet, someone who can be your sounding board. Or maybe you just need someone who can help you get away and just enjoy yourself. Either way, everyone needs someone. 

Recently, I've felt lonely, just plain lonely. I know I'm blessed and have my sweet little miss to spend my days with, but I still often find myself lonely. I know I am not the only mama who has felt this before. Motherhood can be a lonesome part of life. Please, don't get me wrong, our children are our world and yes, they are wonderful little companions, but there's just something about spending some time with your best girlfriend. I know I often find myself seeking someone to hang out with and often wonder if I'm doing something wrong since I don't have a large group of mommy friends to hang out with. I always tend to remind myself that we are all busy and I don't have to have someone to keep me company or hang out with, but I'm not going to lie, sometimes I yearn for more. I need the companionship of another mama, someone who knows and understands what I'm feeling, without me even having to speak a word. Someone who feels the way I do, who needs that shoulder to cry on, ear to listen, and a smile to know that we are in this together. 

No comments: